- MRS. NOAH, Little Lamb Books, October 2021, Selah Award Finalist, Purple Dragonfly Award- Honorable Mention, Royal Dragonfly Award- Honorable Mention, Northern Lights Book Awards- Best First Picture Book, 2022
- WHAT THE SEASHELL SAID, (Picture Book MS) Honorable Mention, 2018 Katherine Paterson Prize in Young Adult and Children’s Writing at Hunger Mountain
- CUPINE’S PERFECT DANCE PARTNER, (Picture Book MS) Honorable Mention in the 86th Annual Writer’s Digest Competition for Children’s/Young Adult Writing, October 2017.
- O POSSUM’S PREDICAMENT, (Picture Book MS) Honorable Mention in the 85th Annual Writer’s Digest Competition for Children’s/Young Adult Writing, August 2016.
- DANCING GRANNIES, (Picture Book MS) Finalist, 2014 Katherine Paterson Prize in Young Adult Fiction and Children’s Writing at Hunger Mountain.
- BEFORE I SLEEP, (Middle Grade Novel), Honorable Mention, 2014 Rate Your Story Writing Contest
- SCRATCH AND SNIFF, (Picture Book MS) Honorable Mention, 87th Annual Writer’s Digest Competion for Children’s/Young Adult Writing, Third Place Winner, 2014 SCBWI Michigan Picture Book Mentorship Contest
- TOO BIG! (Picture Book) Third Place Winner, Smart Writers Amazing Story Contest, October 2010
- “Timing is Everything When Treating Infertility,” Metro Parent Magazine, Gold Medal Award for Special Section Within a Publication (Circulation of 55,000 or more), Parenting Publications of America, March 1, 2003
I had my first article published in a small, faith-based magazine in 1989, but my writing journey began long before that. I really caught the writing bug when I was in high school and had a poem published in the Michigan Young Authors Magazine. I wrote my first book for children in 2000, and had my first children’s story published in Boys’ Quest magazine a few years later. Here are just a few of the places where my work has been featured over the years:
- On the Banks of the Black Volta, Boys Quest Magazine, June 2007
- Water Into Mine, Songs4Worship.com, Homelife Magazine
- Know the Signs, Undetected Learning Disabilities Can Cause a Lifetime of Frustration, Metro Parent Magazine, February, 2005
- Who Would Love a Warthog?, Bumples Online Children’s Magazine, November 2013
On the Web:
- Uptv Uplifting Entertainment, Carrie Steele Pitts Home Provides the Perfect Gift
- Skywood Recovery, Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome (NAS): How the Opioid Crisis Affects Babies
- Livestrong.com, Exercises to Improve Walking After a Stroke